What is a pattern?
How many patterns do you know?
(Remember Four directional punch / block are known as exercises not patterns)
Name the pattern you have learnt and how many moves it has?
What is the meaning of the pattern you have learnt?
Where should your fist finish if you were punching High (Nopunde)?
Where should your fist finish if you were punching Middle (Kaunde)?
Where should your fist finish if you were punching Low (Najunde)?
Describe an ‘inside’ block (an makgi).
Describe an ‘outside’ block (bakkat makgi).
Describe an ‘inward’ block (annuro makgi).
Describe an ‘outward’ block (bakuro makgi).
When performing Twin forearm block (Sang Palmok Makgi) which is the ‘primary block’ and why?
Where does this ‘primary blocking’ hand begin, on the ‘inside’ (closest to the body) or ‘outside’ (furthest from the body)?
Can you show the following movements?
• Twin Forearm block (Sang Palmok Makgi)
• Knifehand Side Strike (Sonkal Yop Taerigi)
1) Walking stance front snap kick, obverse punch, reverse punch
2) Walking stance outer forearm low block, rising block
3) Three step sparring
* Note this is the minimum requirement for this grade, you may be asked to
perform other techniques learnt during class.