10th Kup / 9th Kup / 8th Kup / 7th Kup / 6th Kup / 5th Kup / 4th Kup / 3rd Kup / 2nd Kup / 1st Kup
How many patterns do you know?
Name the pattern you have learnt and how many moves it has?
What is the meaning of the pattern you have learnt?
What does the colour ‘green’ signify in Taekwon-Do?
What are the different instructor classifications?
• Sabum or International Instructor (4th to 6th Dan)
• Sahyung or Master (7th and 8th Dan)
• Saseung Grandmaster (9th Dan)
What class is your instructor?
Mr Kevin Pilkington VI Degree
Mr Laurence Hand V Degree
Mr David Tee V Degree
Ms Jenine Hutchinson IV Degree
Mr Louis Macdonald IV Degree
Mr James Dilley IV Degree
Mr Spencer Brooks III Degree National Instructor
What is a Makgi?
Makgi means Block.
What is a Jirugi?
What is a Chagi?
What is a Tulgi?
What is a Taerigi?
Name and perform a Thrust from pattern Do-San.
Name and perform a Strike from pattern Do-San.
• Dung Joomuk Taerigi – Backfist Strike
• Sonkal Yop Taerigi – Knifehand Side Strike
When performing a Front Kick what part of the foot do you use?
The two punches that follow the Front Kicks in Do-San are performed in a particular motion. What is this Motion called?
Demonstrate Side Kick and name the part of the foot you use. (Juniors use pad, Seniors us breaking boards).
Demonstrate Turning Kick and name the part of the foot you use. (Juniors use pad, Seniors us breaking boards)
1) Pattern Do-San see patterns
2) Be prepared to perform any of the previous grade patterns
3) Three step sparring
4) Three step semi-free sparring
5) Demonstrate Left and Right Side kick against a target
6) Adults attempt breaking a focus board using Left and Right Side kick
7) Demonstrate Left and Right Turning kick against a target
8) Adults attempt breaking a focus board using Left and Right Turning kick
* Note this is the minimum requirement for this grade, you may be asked to
perform other techniques learnt during class.